Tammy Devine is a coach (ICF Certified), retreat facilitator, and ELCA Deacon, passionate about health, healing, and wholeness.
Tammy is a strategic and systemic whole person promoter of well-being, through education and inspiration. She collaborates with thought leaders to facilitate and motivate whole person lifestyle choices and serves as an external wellness consultant and coach to integrate well-being.
Education and Training
Tammy completed the 2-year program at the Grace Institute for Spiritual Formation. She received her coach training through Auburn Theological Seminary and serves as a spiritual coach (ICF certified).
She earned a Master’s in Leadership from Luther Seminary. Tammy is a registered nurse (BA, Augustana University, Sioux Falls) and has served as a parish nurse/coordinator.
These are some of the retreats that Tammy has worked on:
- Co-creator and Facilitator of Exploring Transitions, a series of four retreats: Crossing Over, True to Myself, Life’s Detours and Road Blocks, and Living Well. These retreats explore personal life callings, passion, meaning, and purpose amidst a life of transitions. Whether, change in call, loss of loved one, marriage, birth of child, divorce…a safe space in retreat provides an opportunity to explore, connect with others, and reflect on steps to live well in the midst of life’s transition.
- Creator and Facilitator of That You May Be Well — an introductory conversation and invitation to whole person well-being. Participants identify steps they are ready to take to live well even in the midst of illness and disease.
- Co-creator and Facilitator of Reflect, Renew, Recommit — a five-day retreat for discernment, rest, and connection with self, God and one another. Utilizing personal reflection, small group process, and well-researched tools and exercises to enhance self-understanding, identify strengths, and gifts for ministry, identify core values, interest, personality characteristics, and dynamics in conversation within a context of Christian faith and spiritual practices.
- Facilitator, Worship leader, and Staff of Leading Well — a four-day training experience for church leaders that offers practical learning, Sabbath rest and collegial support. Leading Well offers skill development, along with worship, retreat and sharing of best practices.
- Co-creator, facilitator, and coach of Healthy Leaders Serving Healthier Communities — a space to identify gifts, develop missional leaders, listen for God’s direction through spiritual disciplines. Pastors and five key congregational leaders commit to 18 months of intentional personal and congregational listening and discovery of their unique call to serve in their context. Gathered for three retreats, a coach works with each leader and congregational group to live out their intentions identified during the retreat. The ELCA Vitality Tool is administered before and after.
- Co-creator, Facilitator, and Coach of Journey of Renewal — a year-long wellness experience that focusses from strength, opportunity, abundance and personal growth in understanding personal call to live well as whole people of God. The experience is bookended with retreats and connects leaders with monthly small group coaching calls.
- Facilitator of staff retreats for synods, ministry teams, conferences.